Expat-ish

Expat-ish
On the Beach

Thursday, 1 September 2011

The wonders of the internet

I must just say that I have become completely obsessed at checking the traffic for my blog. Not for any reason of vanity but because I so sometimes feel that I am living in in a futuristic sci-fi movie.

This blog has, inexplicably, been read in Mauritius, Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, USA, Australia and UAE. More explicable in SA, Belgium and the UK where I know there are people whom I have all but compelled to read it. Think water-boarding.

And for those of you that don't blog, I must tell you about the map that I can pull up and it will tell where in the world at that precise moment in time, someone, if anyone is reading my blog.

Right now, for instance, I can tell you that someone in the UK is reading this on their iPhone: Hello There!

I find it astonishing that my laptop can tell me who is "linked" to me and by what means right now and yet, the Department for Home Affairs cannot find over 70% of Permanent Residence applications lodged in the last two years.

The world is so incredible and just so absolutely hand-droppingly useless, all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment